Needless to say...
Well, needless to say...I am bummed that we don't know for sure if the baby is a boy or a girl (see Adam's entry below for details). I was really looking forward to confidently purchasing something...anything...that was either pink or blue! Oh well...next month, I hope!
An update from the mother's perspective...I am still experiencing "all day" sickness if I don't take my prescribed medication. I was hoping to be off it by now, but an experimental trial run last week without it proved that I'm still prone to emptying the contents of my stomach against my will. The doctor says it is still safe for me to take it, so I will just have to trust her and hope for the best.
I'm starting to show just a little bit. This picture of me on Christmas is the only 4-month picture I have of my "stomach" (we've been taking pictures of my stomach every month, but they are not blog-worthy, because nothing really looks any different than usual).
But anyway, the shirt I was wearing in this picture is more of a maternity-ish shirt, so it makes it appear as if something is there. : ) It's actually been kind of nice to be able to wear all or most of my regular clothes up until now. I just started wearing maternity jeans last week, but people I would pass walking down the street still would never know I'm pregnant. I'm enjoying that because it will soon catch up with me! : )
And finally, I am starting to feel the baby move at times. Like "they" say, it was hard to tell at first. "Is that gas or is the baby moving?" ; ) But now I can pretty much tell 95% of the time when the baby is moving enough for me to feel it. It was moving a lot during the ultrasound on Monday...it was SO cool to see a limb flying around here and there on the screen! : ) We saw the feet and even saw a profile of the face! We got some pictures to take home with us, but they didn't turn out as good as we hoped. Nothing is distinguishable...it's kind of like trying to identify different shapes and animals in the clouds. ; )


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home