It's been a while...
Wow, it's been a busy couple of months since we've written anything here! It seemed like once we were able to tell people our news, it wasn't quite as necessary to use the blog as an outlet for our excitement. : ) I just had my 4-month appointment yesterday afternoon. Everything went well. I haven't gained any weight since my last appointment a month ago. I find that amazing since my body (to me anyway) definitely looks and feels like it's put on a few pounds. : ) Anyway, I'm just glad to be able to eat again. Before I had my 3-month appointment, I had actually lost 10 pounds because I couldn't keep any food down at any time of the day. That was NOT a fun time! But anyway, the doctor prescribed me some anti-nausea medicine that I am still taking so I can eat. I gained my 10 pounds back, but have managed to stay at that weight for the past two months. Maybe it's because I'm eating better than I ever have...I don't think I've ever given so much thought to the food pyramid... : )
Anyway, at yesterday's appointment, we heard the heartbeat again and I took my "triple test". The triple test basically screens for signs of spina bifida, down syndrome and such. Adam and I decided that if we have to face something like that, we'd rather know and be prepared. But please keep us in your prayers for results that are negative for anything harmful! Next month we get to do another ultrasound and hopefully get to find out if the baby's a boy or a girl! I'm super excited for that appointment! I hope "baby" is NOT modest! ; ) I keep telling "baby"..."Don't be shy!" ; )
Well, that is about all from me for now. As soon as I get some time, I'll scan our first ultrasound picture so everyone can see it. It basically looks like a blob inside a jelly-bean, but it's still worth looking at. : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home