Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Only 2 more days!

Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything...it's been a busy week and a half. Time seemed to fly by, but at the same time, I feel like Wednesday will NEVER get here! I made it (barely) through my trip back home in Michigan. It was SO hard not to tell people, because of course everyone asked either:

A. Do you have kids yet?
or
B. When are you going to have kids?

: ) So, I tried to answer both of the above without full-out lying, and that proved challenging. I was really bummed not to tell people, too, just because I wanted them to be able to share in the excitement and I wanted to see the look on their faces. I guess I'll just have to settle for hearing the reactions over the phone. : ( It will still be fun.

I can't wait to surprise my family Wednesday night and then my husband's family on Saturday! It will be so good to finally tell someone (besides the random pharmacist at Walgreen's I've been checking with to make sure I don't take anything I'm not supposed to). ; ) I think not telling about this is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my entire life. It's kind of like I've had to train myself not to think about it so I wouldn't accidentally spill the beans, or just plain go out of my mind! I think I've finally started to feel a little different though, which helps make it seem real. Last week, either morning sickness came on with a vengeance or it slowly creeped in with a littel touch of the flu. I felt HORRIBLE all last week, and people could clearly see that, but I had to say things like, "Oh it's just my allergies", when I was really thinking, "Oh my gosh, if this is what life is going to be like for the next two months, I don't think I'm going to make it." So, I couldn't talk about how crappy I was really feeling (I know no one likes a complainer, but it just helps to tell someone sometimes) ; ) and I couldn't ask any of my young-mother-friends for advice! Grrrr! The past two days I'm actually feeling a lot better...still nauseas, but not like last week, and I found out my brother had the flu last week, so I'm thinking maybe I had a touch of the flu as well since we were hanging out on my birthday? Who knows? Certainly not me, because this is ALL new to me!!! : )

Another reason Wednesday is so exciting, too, is because it's my first OB appointment and I'll get my first ultrasound. Crazy! We're hoping to come home with some cool pictures! One thing that's been great about this pregnancy so far is that Adam has been treating me like a princess (I know...he should probably do that all the time anyway ; ) ....but this is a different kind of princess treatment). : ) For example, he spent over an hour cleaning out his SUV tonight so that it would be ready for me to drive as soon as we can start telling people the news. He says that it's safer for me to drive that than my car. I asked him why he didn't care how safe I was when it was just me ; ) and he explained to me that in a low-impact crash I would be fine in my car, but you never can tell how a developing baby would do in a crash. I said, "OK", but I'm still a little suspicious. ; ) Anyway, he's been really cute and really sweet, taking care of anything I need. It makes me feel really special, and it reinforces the feeling I have that I'm doing something really important by carrying this baby.

OK, well, it's time for me and this baby to go to bed. We're tired! : )

Only 2 more days to go! : )

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Oh don't get all smooshy on me! I just want you to be as safe as possible. :P

3:18 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Yes, you are doing very important work!

Adam is sweet to take care of you--and smart too. Pregnant mamas (and new mamas) need lots of TLC.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home