Friday, October 28, 2005

Finally x2!

Well, we were originally not going to be able to tell my parents until Saturday about our great news, but luckily my dad decided to get a plane home a day early and we were able to tell them on Friday! Things worked out really great without any effort on our part. God is good that way! So, anyway we took my parents out to dinner at the Olive Garden Friday night and had a nice dinner with them and pulled out a "get well" present at the end of dinner for Mom. Another Willow Tree "Grandmother" statue of course. Still nothing suspicious yet, but it was great when she opened it and went through the same great reaction process that Lori's mom went through when she finally realized what it was. All I can say is that we are so grateful to still have her around after that horrible accident. Not only was Mom's guardian angel working overtime, but I think she borrowed the baby's for a little bit, too. :) He/She's just the size of a grape, so it doesn't need much protection yet.

Well, after we got done with dinner, we had to think of some way to rally up the clan and be able to tell all of them the news at the same time, and since it was the weekend before Halloween, what better family activity than pumpkin carving? So we went to the grocery store after dinner and bought a plethora of pumpkins. Still had to figure out a way to tell everyone that would be cute and memorable. Well, my mom had wanted to buy a baby pumpkin to symbolize the good news, and it was the cutest little thing with a little face painted on it and everything. So I wrote all the Aunt and Uncle names and titles on the pumpkin and presented it to my oldest sister in the middle of the pumpkin process. It was really cool. It was awesome to see everyone's reactions to that as well. Sam had her "I told you so" and everyone else was really excited. It was great that Nate's fiance Mariesa could be there with us too. Another comical "Aunt" story for another time. :) And I know my sister Stefania is going to be a great aunt along with her husband Jason. So much energy and creativity that little children love and are drawn to!

Lori and I really had the picture perfect experience with telling our families about our great bundle of joy! We are so thankful for all of you that are a part of our lives! We love you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Jason will make a great aunt. I for one am excited to see that come about. And for the future little baby, i'm sure he/she will love it's aunts stef and jason...or something like that.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home