Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!



Well...I know everyone is wondering, "Where on earth have they been?!?"

Here's the update...

...we've finally completed our move (not the unpacking) but at least the moving part. The sale of our home went off without a hitch and we are SO happy to be in our new house, even if it is currently a huge mess. There are still a lot of little things to finish on the do-it-yourself-re-modeling list, but we hope that those little projects will be completed by the time Ava is 10! ; )

Ava is now 11 Months and a week old! We can't believe we're already thinking about her 1st Birthday party! She is so beautiful!

We had a great Mother's Day despite the fact that Mommy had to put in about 8 hours at the church that day. We did get to go to church together as a family in the morning, though. That was nice. I got to hold my baby girl during Mass and that was an awesome gift! I also got a new camera for Mother's Day which I am extremely excited about! You are seeing the results of that gift (above)! : ) The best gift of all was...drumroll please...Ava stood for the longest time ever so far...5 seconds! : ) Yeah Ava!

The only downside to my first Mother's Day was that when I went to get Ava out of her crib that morning, she said, "Da da!". And I had to remind her that I'm "Ma ma." : ) And the other downer was that Ava had her first fever that day and it actually turned into this week-long battle with a virus that causes fever and rashes. Yikes! Poor little girl hasn't quite been herself this week. : ( Overall, though, I reflected on how awesome it is to be a mom, especially to Ava. It's wierd...I still don't quite grasp that the Mother's Day holiday applies to me now. But anyway, I'm so blessed to be a mom and I can't believe I lived before without my little baby. She's the world to me!

Ava's level of activity and vocabulary are constantly increasing. She crawls everywhere and pulls herself up on everything. She stands for little bits at a time here and there. We can tell that she really wants to walk like the big kids! Here's a list of everything Ava can say..."Ma ma, Da da, ball, doggy, num num, no no, peas, bye bye, uh oh, dat?!, and of course, duck!" I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember right now. Well, I'm sure I'm forgetting tons I wanted to share. Hopefully, we'll get better at keeping up with the updates now that our big move is done. Keep checking back with us!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home